Monday, December 24, 2012

The Christmas List Blog-A-Thon




Ah, Christmas. The wonderful time of the year to give and receive. The moment where some of the best films come around to entertain and enthrall. The day kids all over the world get presents and eat a good meal. Plus, it's the day we celebrate our dear lord and savior. The Jesus...



It's also a moment where the people get to watch movies and specials relating to the holidays. Notably such film classics as A Christmas Carol, Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Story, Scrooged, Die Hard, and Bad Santa. It's also the time to watch specials like A Charlie Brown Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. It's also a time to watch other special relating to Xmas such as my favorite Xmas parody in Raging Rudolph:



Christmas is the time to receive lots of presents but it's also the time to give. And here is what I'm giving to my fellow bloggers (if money was no object or if I had a shit-load of cash):

For Alex of And So It Begins..., I would give him the Fanny & Alexander box set since I know how much he adores Ingmar Bergman.

For Stevee of Cinematic Paradox, I would give her the new Criterion Blu-Ray of Christopher Nolan's debut film Following.

For James of Cinema Sights, I would make a pre-order and give him the upcoming Criterion Blu-Ray for Terrence Malick's first Badlands.

For Courtney at Big Thoughts from a Small Mind, I would give him the Blu-Ray set of Andrei Tarkovsky's Solaris for his upcoming Blind Spot series for 2013.

For Sati of Cinematic Corner, I would give her the Prometheus collector's set edition so she can enjoy all of the Charlize, Fassbender, and Idris in their adventure.

For Ryan of The Matinee, I would give him the Criterion Blu-Ray set of The Battle of Algiers for his upcoming Blind Spot series.

For Tyler of Southern Vision, I'm convinced he's seen everything so I would give him this recent edition of 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die.

For David of Taste of Cinema, I would give him the new Criterion Blu-Ray release of In The Mood for Love

And finally, for Diana of Aziza's Pick who created this blog-a-thon. I would give her the Criterion Blu-Ray to one of my all-time favorite films, Harold and Maude.

Well, that is it for now. I hope everyone have a Happy Holiday. In turn, I will close with one of my all-time favorite Xmas songs ever...



(C) thevoid99 2012

5 comments:

s. said...

Merry Christmas! I'd love that gift! I haven't seen the film since it was in theaters :)

David said...

Thanks, Steven. I would love to receive that IMFL Blu! BTW, did you get yourself any Criterion titles as X-mas gift?

thevoid99 said...

@Sati-Well, I hope you get that gift as a Xmas present since I know how much you love that film.

@David-I did in fact. Close-Up, Jeanne Dielman, and the Trois Couleurs trilogy.

Diana said...

Oh thanks, that's a lovely present, I'd love to get that, since I haven't it yet, although it has been on my list for a long time! Merry Christmas!

thevoid99 said...

@Diana-I hope you enjoy it. It's truly a lovely film to watch.